More than likely, you need a physical disc. A disc will play in virtually every physical CD+G Karaoke Player and will have on screen graphics. A disc will also play in any standard CD player so you can enjoy the music anywhere you go (in a CD player you will not have on screen graphics). If you are not sure, always choose to get a disc. To get a disc instead of a download, go to www.allstarcustom.com.
Downloads are available immediately after purchase. All downloads come bundled into a .zip file, so please be sure you are familiar with unzipping .zip files. They can be downloaded and played on most computers (special software may be required) and may be transferred to portable devices such as an iPod, iPad, iPhone, Smart Phone or tablet. Check with your device manufacturer for file compatibility.
Downloads have three formats to choose from:
- M4V/MP4: (Apple® iTunes, iPod, iPad, and iPhone)
- M4V/MP4 files can only be played using Apple® iTunes on Apple® Mac and Microsoft® Windows based computers that have Apple® iTunes installed. These files can also be copied to an Apple® iPod, iPad and iPhone using iTunes to sync your device. You must add the downloaded M4V files to your iTunes library.
- The M4V/MP4 format will not play on physical Karaoke CD+G Players. If you have a Karaoke Player you should choose the Disc option for your Custom Karaoke.
- Download iTunes: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- WMV: (Microsoft® Windows Computers and Mobile Devices)
- WMV files can be played on a Microsoft® Windows based computer using Microsoft® Windows Media Player. They can also be played on Microsoft® based portable devices like the Zune and Windows Mobile based devices. If you have an Apple® computer, these will not work for you.
- The WMV format will not play on physical Karaoke CD+G Players. If you have a Karaoke Player you should choose the Disc option for your Custom Karaoke.
- Download Windows Media Player: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-media-player
- MP3+G : (Compatible Karaoke Player or Karaoke Software Required)
- MP3+G files can be played on a computer (PC and Mac) and have on screen graphics WITH SPECIAL KARAOKE SOFTWARE installed on your computer. You will get two files with this type of download, an MP3 Audio file, and a .CDG graphics file. This is only recommended for advanced users who are experienced with playing MP3+G files on your computer.
- MP3+G can also be played on a physical Karaoke Player that supports MP3+G through the SD card, USB port, or disc drive. If you plan on downloading this format, be sure your physical Karaoke Player supports the playing of MP3+G files from the disc, SD Card, or USB slot.